Ever wonder how we decide what member benefits to offer? We take our inspiration from the promise in the strategic plan to continually “enrich the member’s experience” and that means *every* member. If the benefit under consideration doesn’t do that it—from Windsor to Cornwall, from Niagara to Thunder Bay—it won’t make onto the HRPA Member Centre. Next, if it’s a professional benefit, it has to make you more productive—enhancing your skills, knowledge or efficiency. If it’s a personal benefit, we try to ensure that it has very broad appeal. And in the case of every member benefit we try to ensure that it *saves you money*.
You will find descriptions of all HRPA member benefits at www.hrpa.ca/benefits. But here are a few examples:
- MemberPerks® – hundreds of discounts on dining, entertainment, health, beauty, apparel, etc., etc.;
- Hire Authority Canada – the #1 HR job board in Canada (and searches are an exclusive member benefit);
- Resource Centre – fast facts, salary surveys, periodicals, in-depth self-serve knowledgebase (including access to opinions from several leading employment law firms), custom research, and in 2013, a telephone help desk;
- HR Professional magazine and HR Daily – Keeping you up to date with HR news, trends and information;
- GoodLife Fitness – OK, there may not be a gym in every town, but with 131 locations in Ontario, there’s a good chance there is one close to you. Our 50% off pricing isn’t the lowest GoodLife offers (they will do better for very large employers), but it’s very competitive.
These are just a few of the benefits that are your with HRPA membership. Check out the Member Centre section of the HRPA website for yourself. Got an idea for a new member benefit? I’d like to hear from you.
Chris Larsen, VP Marketing & Membership
firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 923-2324 x335