In my last blog I discussed how we use member survey responses to help plan new programs and services— mentoring, internships, or broadcasts from the HRPA Learning Centre–or improve on existing ones—like reducing email by 70%.
We also use survey responses to benchmark chapter and association performance, especially as it relates to what you consider to be most important on a personal level. For instance:
- Advancing your career;
- Advancing your skills and capabilities;
- Giving you the opportunity to make a contribution to the profession.
And we benchmark our performance on those things that relate directly to the mission of the association, among them:
- Leadership for the profession;
- Strong, valuable designations;
- Advancing the interests of members;
- Protecting the public from unethical or incompetent practitioners;
- Influencing legislation.
We can always improve, but each year we aim to do better than the year before. But what do you think? If you haven’t yet participated in the annual member survey, you still have time to tell us how we are doing—both the Association and your local Chapter.
We’re counting on it. Literally.
VP, Marketing and Membership