I can’t get over how often I meet a member of the association who has never heard of many of the benefits of membership. Just the other day I was taking a member on a tour of the HRPA offices and as we passed our Resource Centre specialists’ workstations I mentioned some of the research services we provide free of charge and she was flabbergasted. She had no idea. So, rather than talk about all the benefits of membership, let me show you:
First of all, there’s the obvious ones:
- Prestige of belonging to a tier 1 regulated profession as a Registered HR Professional;
- Strong, in-demand designations;
- Access to high-quality continuing professional development;
- Access to the largest professional network in Canada;
- Access to abundant opportunities to make a contribution through volunteering opportunities;
- Access to Chapter-based mentoring programs.
Then there’s the thought leadership we make available free of charge through the Resource Centre:
- HR Hotline operated by experienced CHRL volunteers is a free service for members. While Hotline cannot substitute for professional legal and consulting services, it can be a source of quick answers to HR questions.
- Resource Centre Knowledgebase gives members instant access to the HR information and resources you need to do your job and succeed in your career. Browse our hand-picked collections on HR topics that matter, such as:
- Mental Health;
- Provincial and Federal Employment Law;
- HR Planning;
- Health and Safety;
- Human Rights;
- Training and Development;
- Integrated search function finds resources from HRPA, leading employment law firms, HR trade publications and the Ministry of Labour – all without leaving the Resource Centre web site;
- Access RSS feeds from HR Daily, Statistics Canada, WSIB and CIPD on the Resource Centre homepage;
- HR Reference Library, including best practices, salary surveys and more;
- Contact HRPA’s customized research request service. Use our online form or e-mail our team of Information Specialists directly to guide you to the most relevant, recent research on business and HR topics, as well as salary survey and benchmarking data;
- Each day, HRPA’s information specialists scrub the Internet for breaking stories related to human resources and publish the most relevant ones as HR Daily, part of that day’s email broadcast;
- OnFile is a quarterly publication that takes a look at topical issues based on member enquiries and reports on some of the cool stuff we’ve found researching those enquiries;
- Print and online editions of HR Professional Magazine, Canada’s #1 HR magazine.
- Plus, select from more than 700 premium, customizable HR policies from HRdownloads—available for $10/each.
Students enjoy a few special benefits:
- Reduced membership fees for up to two years after graduation;
- And the ability to complete their HR academic training, pass the Comprehensive Knowledge exam Level 1 and leave school with their CHRP designation.
Everyone enjoys these savings from HRPA partners:
- HRPA members save $100 on Toronto Regional BOT membership;
- McGraw-Hill Education is pleased to offer members of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) a 40% discount off select titles;
- MemberPerks® gives you instant access to hundreds of perks from brand name and local vendors on everything from shoes and dining to tickets and travel;
- GoodLife Fitness provides HRPA members with more than 50% savings on GoodLife Fitness Plus annual Memberships to its non-Platinum and non-Platinum Plus locations;
- The Toronto Park Hyatt has a special HRPA member rate;
- HRPA group discount and Business Preferred service for all Starwood hotels, including Four Points®, Sheraton, aloft, W Hotels, Le Meridien, Luxury Collection, Westin and St. Regis;
- Independent Consultants get a free Bronze listing for HRPA independent consultants and HRPA members in consulting organizations in the HRPA Suppliers Guide;
- Members will experience first class customer service as well exceptional coverage at the most competitive rates through the official the HRPA Professional Liability Insurance Program with LMS ProLink;
- Save hundreds on home, auto and travel insurance at HRPA’s group rates with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex;
- Hire Authority is the largest HR-specific job board in Canada. Resume posting is an exclusive member benefit and members save $100 on job posts;
- Market Research, Scholarship Management and Recruitment Services with yconic. Tap into their pool of over 3,000,000 young adults;
- MentorCity makes it easy and affordable for HRPA members to create and sustain a mentoring culture in their organization;
- As a preferred mover for HRPA, Atlas has put together a special service and savings program for HRPA members for local and long distance moving and for corporate relocation services;
- Qualtrics is the industry leader in enterprise data collection and online survey analytics. Qualtrics software products make collecting sophisticated research simple;
- Verge Conferencing exclusive offer – 50% savings on web and teleconferencing;
- 20% discount on regularly priced books and music through the Chapters Indigo Corporate Sales Centre.
With so many benefits to choose from, it’s no wonder she forgot about our free research service. :)
VP, Marketing, Membership & Professional Development
(416) 923-2324 x335